The “I Tease Because I Love” Game
Whenever my extended family gets together, we always find ourselves in hilarious fits of laughter brought on by telling embarrassing stories of everyone’s past. The time my dad had to take a run into the woods on the way home from Thanksgiving dinner after consuming too much mince pie... The time my dad continued a drawn out conversation with a neighbor even though he had stabbed his foot with a pitchfork but was too embarrassed to let the neighbor know... The time my dad fell into my Aunt Ginny’s grave after torrential rain had softened the grave site... Okay, we mostly laugh about my dad!
Recently, I came up with a game that is a tremendous aid in our pursuit of embarrassing each other. A more well-meaning person might describe this game as a way to celebrate family and remember why we love eachother. It's a twist on the always-fun, Guess Who!
SET UP YOUR BOARD:
1. PURCHASE the original Guess Who memory game.
2. PRINT out pictures of your family's faces. Remember to think about the size of the Guess Who cards and to make sure that your photos are small enough to cover the faces of the characters on the cards. (If you are using a Mac computer, the easiest way to do this is to print out the photos in the contact sheet format.
3. PRINT another copy of each person’s face so you have two of each.
4. GLUE your family photos over the cartoon faces from the original game to make it your own.
THINK OF YOUR QUESTIONS
Here are a few of the questions my family has asked:
• “Did this person leave a pizza on the roof of the car and then drive away?”
• “Did this person leave their sister asleep in her own vomit so that her parents would discover that she had been out drinking?”
• “Does this person hide chocolate in their nightstand and think that no one knows about it?”
• “Did this person use orange lip liner to draw in her eyebrows from 1985 to 1987?”
• “Does this person do a mean rendition of Miley Cyrus’ Party In The USA?"